Monday, July 7, 2008

We May Now Exhale

As of Monday, Joe officially has a new employer!!! Bye-bye BIG Pharma, hello, specialty pharma. It was a painstakingly long 5 step interview process, with interviews at the District, Regional, and Corporate level. He had the opportunity to interview with the VP in North Carolina, where he gained a feel for the corporate culture, which is quite relaxed and family friendly, in comparison to BIG Pharma culture. In reality, the job search moved quickly for him and we are grateful. This entire period of unemployment was very humbling. The uncertainties were killing us. I really missed the stability and predictability in life that we had come to enjoy.

I firmly believe that life's challenges strengthen your faith. I could see the hand of God in our lives. He prompted and prepared a way for me to find a job that I enjoy, at just the right time. He gave us peace and comfort, and put people in our path to help and support us. He blessed us with friends and family that would watch our children, and even loan us their car, so Joe could interview while I was at work. He blessed us with great friends that listened and cared, offering us feelings of hope and love. He offered us the perfect opportunity to really be grateful for our blessings.

I am keenly aware of how much Joe's unemployment was actually a blesssing. For the past year, as Joe struggled to balance work, travel, and his responsibilities with his family, he felt more and more squeezed. He would occasionally express feelings that maybe this wasn't the best situation for him and our family, and that maybe he should pursue another career avenue. Well, that other career avenue is now before us, and I know that it was given to him for a reason.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

I don't know the whole back-story of this blog, as some of your close friends and family may, but it's nice to hear that things are stabilizing for you and refreshing to hear such an example of faith and gratitude! Good luck to you both in the new career path and what the near future may hold for you.

alecia said...

You guys are amazing. I'm so glad it is over.

Oh, and I did't delete you from my Bloglist! The whole thing stopped working. My blog is having problems...

Jill said...

Hi Amy,
How fun to find your blog - I didn't even know you had one! If you ever have a minute, check out my blog at www.bradandjillsfamily.blogspot.com.

I feel a little out of the loop since we have been gone, like, the WHOLE summer, but I am so glad to hear that Joe has a new job. What a huge relief, right? I loved what you said about his unemployment being a blessing. Isn't it amazing how sometimes it takes a hard time to make you recognize the Lord's hand in your life? (Of course, it is always easier to call trials a blessing after they are over...) Anyway, I am glad to hear that your family can breathe again!
See you in about a week, Jill