Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Girl Time

I spent the most wonderful day today with my two dear friends, LeeAnne and Lauralyn, canning applesauce. If you've ever done any canning, you know this to be a messy, sticky, sweaty job. But, I have discovered that when done alongside your "sisters" the company makes for a fond memory. First off, we all looked like beauty queens! Not one had make-up or hair down...no, not for this job. Myself, having worked out at the gym without a shower arrived stinkily prepared for the task. LeeAnne, also arrived ponytailed in a comfy t-shirt and possibly pajama pants? Lauralyn, though, took my prize having sweated herself into a sleeveless shirt that allowed the peekaboos of bra straps and undergarments! We canned, and we chatted, and we laughed,...hysterically. We canned, we ate, we warmed the kitchen and warmed each other's hearts...at least they warmed mine!

I am so lucky. YOU GUYS ROCK!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you to Amy!
Love your Pictures and Glad you had time to update your Blog. As for me I am aching and feet hurt! Feeling my age. I really had fun with you and Leeanne today too!
I needed some girl time!

Jill said...

Sounds like a perfect day - no make-up, lots of girl-talk, and jars of applesauce to boot! Well done!

Mama Amy said...

I'm not sore, maybe wearing tennies helped. Then maybe your feet and back would have been better supported.

Walker6Fam said...

I am sore...and I wore tennies! I had a great time. I love you both. It was super fun. I laugh everytime I think of Lauralynn's comment "Why bother". You guys make everything fun.

love the photos too!