Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home, Glad As I Can Be!


We are counting the days. The kids will see their daddy in 4 days. He is able to come home for the weekend, and then goes back for 2 more days on Sunday. I won't actually be able to spend any quality time until Wednesday the 20th, because I am working/sleeping all weekend. And then life as we have known it will forever change.
1) After being a semi "stay-at-home" Dad for May/June/July, Joe is now gonna have to hit the pavement running. I anticipate that he will burn some rubber in this new territory!

2) I am still working full-time night shift (3 days/week), which means that Joe will be doing the AM child-care drop off with both kids on the days I work.

3) Lauren starts all day kindergarten, everyday.

4) Nathan starts all day preschool/childcare. (I'm not sure whether to smile or cry on this one. It will be very strange, but I think that Nathan will benefit from his preschool experience. He is a very, very active child that tends to bore easily from my failed attempts to keep him occupied.)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Amy, I just love the picture of Joe and the kids. It is heirloom-quality - one of those shots that will break your heart in about 20 years!

I'm glad your life is starting to hit a "predictable" phase. Sometimes boring is good.
-Jill