Thursday, August 7, 2008

On My Own, Pretending He's Beside Me...

Well, the upside is that Joe has a job, and is anxiously engaged in stimulating learning. The downside is that we have to miss him terribly for the 3 weeks of training. His mom came from Utah for 2 weeks to stay with the kids while I work. She has been a big help, keeping my belly full of rice, kimchee, and seaweed. Unfortunately, she is recovering from breast cancer is zapped of all energy from her medication. I think this has been a tough labor of love for her. We are trying to allow her to rest, but also do some fun things to divert the children's attention from missing Daddy.

Joe's training is pretty brutal, he says. He has to spend most of his time studying for tests, and today he observed 5 colonoscopies! Talk about a unique learning experience.

2 comments:

alecia said...

Whoa...colonoscopies. And 3 weeks...I didn't realize it was that long! That is rough. Just a couple more days now :)

Suzette said...

Hi Amy. I found your blog! :) It's looking great!
-Suzette
www.csperriton.blogspot.com