Here's the official word: The final member of the Cody family is on its way! Baby #3 is due sometime in mid-July. I feel fortunate that I won't have to be pregnant through the entire summer again...as this seems to be my inescapable destiny.
So the most common questions a pregnant woman is asked after revealing her condition, 1) when are you due 2) how are you feeling?
To answer the latter: I'm over my "pregnancy queasies" by now. That yucky empty stomach feeling that would wake me out of a sound sleep and yell, "feed me!" started around 7 weeks and ended about 12 weeks. Everynight for the last month and a half, I've woken up at least 2-3 times to pee. Sometimes as I'm trying to drift off to sleep, I have to drag myself out of bed to go again, even though I just went 10 minutes before. Sooooo annoying. To state the obvious: I'm exhausted. And still working night shift part-time. Did I mention that I am exhausted? Beyond exhausted. My house is falling apart around me, the Christmas tree is still up (i did manage to put away the ornaments, but still waiting on the ambitious husband of mine to disasemble and put away...) I had a hard time getting into Christmas this year, as all I wanted to do was sleep. I've never been this tired before during pregnancy. I'm sure my work schedule is partly to blame. Since I just couldn't find the enerygy or will power, I had to take a short temporary reprieve from my work out schedule. Amazing how a few extra hormones on board can turn a very ambitious, active woman into a lazy hybernating mammal. Now I'm left with the reality that none of my clothing fits. How I love the early 2nd trimester! So I am back at the gym, trying to keep my butt from growing larger than my abdomen eventually will grow. Right now the butt is winning.
Christmas 2014
11 years ago
5 comments:
Welcome back, mammal! So happy for you guys!
Congratulations on the exciting news! Sorry to hear you're so tired and having to keep up with work, kids, house, etc. I'm sure your energy will pick up later in the 2nd trimester, though. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well for you! :)
Congratulations! That is wonderful! I'm glad you're past that dreaded first trimester. Pregnancy is almost fun during the second trimester (but let's not think about those last 2 months...).
Congratulations Amy! When will you find out the gender?
I love it! Congratulations! So true about how a pregnancy turns us into different people. But luckily it's just temporary. You're amazing!
Post a Comment